How To Become A Back End Developer?
The term back-end developer refers to the person in charge of the server-side web development, based on the various application logic and integration. Most of the time, the Back-End Web Developers are responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Their action’s primary focus is to develop all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of the central database and ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Integrating the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application is also another responsibility of them. Moreover, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary for being successful in the carrier. Back-end developers may also play a critical role in web development teams. Because they are prime sources who are in charge of handling data storage and ensuring content gets delivered to the front-end.
Generally, the back-end developers are working hand in hand with front-end developers. They are eligible to provide outward-facing web application elements server-side logic. Besides, the back-end developers are the authority who makes the logic for creating web app function properly. As back-end developers, they accomplish the tasks through the usage of server-side scripting language Ruby or PHP. They are even bound to speed the applications for efficiency, including creating a data storage solution with a database. To be an inspiring back-end developer varies from a persons’ experience and their effectiveness towards the task. The back-end developers have to follow their skills and schemes of programming, database, management, and framework utilization. As the basics of the back-end developers, they should have some necessary skills including:
Table of Contents
They have to work in the environments of:
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Version control and version control systems.
- Familiarity with accessibility and security
The back-end developers’ code writing must be like bread-and-butter, which means that the codes should run smoothly on the server that hosts the website. And it would be best if you had proficiency in programming languages, including:
If you are an expert in one of these languages, you are eligible to start up with the back-end developer’s professional. When you grow up with the back-end developer carrier, you eventually need to learn these programming languages.
Based on the database management, they are the sites used to store and organize a large amount of data and information. T manage those databases, database management systems are available, which are accessible for back-end developers. Some standard methods may be:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- IBM’s DB2
The basic fact is that there is no right or wrong choice of the database management systems. But mostly, Oracle and MySQL are best for the newbies.
The specific framework that the back-end developers have to work on are;
The educational background of the back-end developer is an additional qualification for this continuity in the carrier. As back-end developers, they need to improve their knowledge with updated academic certificates. In the online-based course, degrees fall into this category. Following a degree in computer science may also be useful for a back-end developer in many ways. Such techniques may include the necessary information on,
- A structured learning program
- Access to university resources
- A firm grounding in the concepts and theories that underpin web design
- Networking opportunities with faculty and peers
And the back-end developer is ith a vast set of responsibilities and duties like,
- They have to work for the integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use is their primary concern.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability is a necessity.
- Effective implementation of security and data protection
- Designing and implementation data storage solutions based on need is an outstanding skill:
Skills And Qualifications
- A good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS, is compulsory on this task.
- A better understanding of accessibility and security needs for this compliance depends on specific projects.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs. desktop and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Outputting data in different formats
- Exceptional knowledge of Database technologies – RDBMS or NoSQL is necessary.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Knowledge of Mobile web development or cloud app development
- Proficient in the use of version control/source code management tools
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written may help to achieve success in your field.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Experience in writing reusable unit test documents.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, excellent time-management, planning, and prioritization
- Skilled in performance tuning, query plan / explain plan analysis, indexing, table partitioning.
- Knowledge of CMS and CRM platforms (Salesforce & Adobe AEM/CQ.
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles